There are now over 400 clinical studies and scientific reports on
Nordic Pole Walking and its health benefits. The vast majority of these show that this form of exercise is highly beneficial to your health. lets summarize what the findings are
1. NPW burns up to 46% more calories than exercise walking without poles or moderate jogging. ( Cooper Institute, 2004, Dallas and other).
2. NPW increases heart and cardiovascular training to 25% more effect ( Foley 1994;Jordan 2001, Morss et al. 2001; Pocari et.al.1997 and other).
3. Incorporates 90 % of all body muscles in one exercise and increases endurance of arm muscles ( Triceps) and neck/shoulder muscles (Latissimus) to 38% (Karawan et al. 1992 and others).
4. Diabetes Type2: Improves diabetes metabolism, reduces insulin resistance and reduces medication within three months. (M.Nischwitz et.al. 2006)
5. High Blood Pressure: Reduces High Blood Pressure by 18mmHg within eight weeks. (Ishikawa et.al. 1999; C.Diehm, 2007).
6. Eliminates back-, shoulder- and neck pain (Attila et al., 1999 and others).
7. Less impact on hip- knee- and foot joints about 26% (Wilson et al., 2001; Hagen 2006, and others)
8. Increases production of “positive” hormones. Decreases “negative” hormones (R.M. Klatz et.al., 1999; Dharma Singh Khalsa, 1997).
9. Supports stress management and mental disorders (Stoughton 1992, Mommert-Jauch, 2003).
10. Develops upright body posture. (Schloemmer 2005)
So, as you can see, the evidence stacks up – Nordic Pole Walking is a great way to stay fit and lose weight. Why not give it a try today?